Fancy yourself to be the next Matt Cutts or Rand Fishkin? Then our SEO quiz is tailored for you! Take the Ultimate SEO Quiz to see if your SEO skills are up to par.
This quiz will determine whether you’re up to speed with the latest SEO trends, facts, and tools. It covers questions about different aspects of SEO: on-page SEO, link building, technical SEO, content, SEO tools, and local SEO.
So, if you’re not sure which answer to choose, look for hints in our blog posts. Check out all our SEO articles or simply refer to the links below the Quiz window.
The 99signals SEO Quiz has 30 questions and takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
Once you complete the quiz, you’ll also receive a free copy of our “Content Marketing Toolkit” eBook directly into your email inbox.
So you’ve nothing to lose and a lot of SEO knowledge to gain.
Let’s get started!
The Ultimate SEO Quiz (30 Questions)
If you’d like to refresh your SEO knowledge before taking the quiz, be sure to check out the handpicked resources below:
ON PAGE SEO
- On-Page SEO Guide: 15 Techniques to Increase Organic Traffic
- 15 Common SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- 10 SEO Metrics That You Should Consider Tracking
- Image SEO: 7 Actionable Tips to Supercharge Your Organic Traffic
- Internal Links for SEO: The Definitive Guide
- Meta Tags for SEO: The Definitive Guide
- 20 Questions to Ask Potential SEO Clients
- Google Search Operators: The Ultimate List (38 Essential Commands)
- Pogo-Sticking in SEO: 9 Ways to Make Your Content More Engaging
- How to Get High Quality Backlinks (25 Proven Techniques)
- 9 Best Backlink Checker Tools for SEO Success
- How to Get High Quality Backlinks with Infographics (and Boost Your SEO)
- How to Build Backlinks with Semrush: 10 Actionable Tips
- Guest Posting: How to Scale to 50+ Guest Posts a Month
- Technical SEO Checklist: 10 Technical SEO Tips to Instantly Boost Your Traffic
- 5 Proven Ways to Increase Domain Authority of Your Website
- How to Create an XML Sitemap for Your Website (and Submit it to Google)
- Robots.txt and SEO: The Ultimate Guide
- Semrush Review
- Serpstat Review
- Ahrefs Review
- SE Ranking Review
- BuzzSumo: The Ultimate Guide (18 Advanced Ways to Use BuzzSumo)
- 6 Best SEO Tools for Digital Marketing Agencies
- SEO Tools Showdown: Semrush vs Ahrefs vs Moz vs SpyFu
- 8 Best Competitor Research Tools to Spy on Your Competition
- How to Use Google Trends for Keyword Research and SEO
- Google E-A-T: How to Create Content That Ranks Higher on Google
- 25+ Places You Should Be Sharing Your Content
- 12 Clever Ways to Repurpose Content (and Get More Traffic)
- 9 Best AI-Powered Content Creation Tools for Marketers
- How to Create Shareable Content: 7 Proven Tactics
- How to Use Semrush to Maximize Your Content Marketing ROI
- Local SEO Tools: 11 Best Tools to Improve Your Local Search Rankings
- Local SEO Checklist: Boost Your Local Search Rankings
OTHER SEO RESOURCES
- 11 Best SEO Podcasts to Master the Art of SEO
- 26 Best Google Chrome Extensions for SEO
- 11 Best SEO YouTube Channels to Level Up Your SEO Game
Editor’s Note: This article was first published on December 4, 2017 and has been updated regularly since then for relevance and comprehensiveness.