Twitter chats are great engagement tools on social media. With your participation in each Twitter chat, you have an opportunity to learn new things, showcase thought leadership, get noticed by top business influencers, and grow your followers.
But keeping a track of all the Twitter chats out there is a difficult task.
In this article, I’ve listed 25 of the best Twitter chats for marketers.
If you’ve never participated in a Twitter chat before, don’t worry! Read the quick tips below to understand the basics of Twitter chats.
Table of Contents
What is a Twitter Chat?
A Twitter chat is where a group of users meet at a pre-determined time on Twitter to discuss a certain topic, using a designated hashtag for each tweet contributed.
A host or moderator will pose questions to prompt responses from participants and encourage interaction among the group. Twitter chats usually last for an hour and most of them take place at the same time each week.
Why Should Marketers Participate in Twitter Chats?
Twitter chats provide a unique opportunity to network and grow your professional circle through shared interests. Through Twitter chats, you hear about useful tools and tips and meet like-minded people whom you might not have otherwise connected with.
Twitter chats can:
- Provide marketers with an opportunity to network and share ideas with fellow marketers
- Increase brand awareness and improve your influencer score
- Showcase thought leadership
- Gain new followers
- Get an understanding of how to host your own Twitter chat
10 Quick Tips for Twitter Chat Participants
- Follow Chat Salad on Twitter for updates on all Twitter chats and reminders before they start.
- Give your Twitter followers a heads-up before you join a Twitter chat at least 30 minutes before it starts so that they can be prepared for more tweets from your account aka “High Tweet Volume Warning”.
- Include a “.” in front of an @ if you want your tweet to show up in all feeds.
- Be polite and positive.
- Try to answer about 75% of the questions being asked.
- Don’t indulge in promotion of yourself or your brand. Twitter chats are all about learning and networking, not selling your product.
- Always include the chat hashtag in your responses.
- Don’t be afraid to engage in conversation with others. You should also quote, like, retweet, and follow others as appropriate, which will encourage them to do the same for you.
- When answering a specific question or comment from another participant, use Twitter handles to identify who you’re speaking to in order to avoid confusion.
- Follow up with people after the chat! Keep the conversation going or get to know fellow participants on a more personal level. You never know what new connections you can make!
Here are the top 25 Twitter chats for marketers, listed by day of the week and time of day (EST).
Top 25 Twitter Chats for Marketers
Founded by content marketing strategist Jenise Fryatt in 2013, #ContentChat is currently hosted by Erika Heald. It covers content marketing best practices and insights.
When: Mondays at 3pm EST.
This Twitter chat focuses on blogging best practices, blog promotion, tactics to increase traffic, and more.
When: Mondays at 10pm EST.
This weekly Twitter chat is hosted by Michelle Stinson-Ross and Alan K’necht and it covers all things social media.
When: Mondays at 9pm EST.
If you’re looking for ways to optimize your LinkedIn profile, then this is the Twitter chat you must participate in. This chat focuses on all things LinkedIn.
When: Tuesdays at 8pm EST.
This Twitter chat is hosted twice a week and it covers event marketing tips and strategies.
When: Tuesdays at 8pm EST and Thursdays at 11am EST.
This weekly chat is hosted by Semrush and is one of the best chats to participate in if you’d like to learn more about SEO. Topics covered include SEO, SEM, landing page optimization, content marketing, and more.
When: Wednesdays at 11am EST.
If you are a social media marketing professional, then participating in #bufferchat is a must. This weekly chat hosted by Buffer focuses on a variety of marketing topics to keep the marketing pros hooked. You can also visit Buffer’s blog to catch recap of the chat.
When: Wednesdays at 12pm EST.
Hosted by a different moderator each week, this Twitter chat focuses on social media marketing and customer service.
When: Wednesdays at 1pm EST.
This Twitter chat features interviews with experts and entrepreneurs on topics such as branding, business growth, management tips, and more.
When: Wednesdays at 8pm EST.
This Twitter chat is hosted by AWeber, and it covers email marketing best practices and insights, featuring a new guest host each week. You can find recaps of the chat on their blog.
When: Every other Thursday at 12pm EST.
This is a B2B marketing chat that covers topics such as demand generation and social media.
When: Thursdays at 8pm EST.
Hosted by Search Marketing Weekly, this chat focuses on SEO topics and is meant for SEO experts and enthusiasts.
When: Thursdays at 1pm EST.
So these are the 25 marketing Twitter chats that you must participate in. Did I miss out any of your favorite Twitter chats for marketing? Share your thoughts in the comments section.