YouTube is a great place where both new and experienced marketers can learn new ideas and tactics to get traction for their business.
Marketing beginners can learn everything they need to know about different facets of digital marketing, SEO, content marketing, analytics, and more.
Similarly, marketing veterans can get up to speed with the latest trends in the rapidly changing marketing landscape and learn better and smarter ways to create and sustain growth for their business.
YouTube has no shortage of exceptional marketing content. With so many marketing YouTube channels to consider, figuring out which ones to follow is tough.
This post is an attempt to separate the wheat from the chaff. The list below features 15 of the best marketing YouTube channels you should follow, along with a few honorable mentions at the end.
In addition to the description of the specific YouTube channel, you’ll also find the most popular video on the channel (based on total view count) and my three favorite videos from the channel to help you get started.
Side note: This list will specifically touch upon the marketing content uploaded by these creators. If you’d like to subscribe to YouTube channels that specifically cater to entrepreneurs, please refer to this list of best YouTube channels for entrepreneurs.
Table of Contents
- Top 15 Marketing YouTube Channels
Top 15 Marketing YouTube Channels
1. Pat Flynn
Pat Flynn is one of the most respected and well-known digital marketers in the world. His blog Smart Passive Income is widely popular amongst marketers and is an inspiration to anyone who’d like to make passive income online. His weekly podcast of the same name is one of the most popular marketing podcasts with over 60 million downloads.
Since launching his blog-based business in 2008, Pat Flynn has generated over $6 million in earnings through various income streams: affiliate marketing, digital products, online courses, books, advertising, and more.
Pat Flynn’s YouTube channel is an extension of his blog and podcast where he shares a wide array of techniques and strategies to generate passive income online and grow your online business. He also shares his thoughts on trending marketing topics and occasionally shares productivity hacks.
If you’d like to learn the nitty-gritty of running a successful blog, this marketing YouTube channel is a must-follow.
Most Popular Video: How to Start a Podcast (Complete Tutorial)
My 3 Favorite Pat Flynn Videos
- 9 Marketing Tips to Quickly Grow Your Blog, Podcast, or Video Channel
- The 3 Best Ways to Make Money Online
- 9 Ways I Earn Passive Income Online (Different Business Models)
Ahrefs’ YouTube channel features a treasure trove of helpful content for SEOs and online marketers alike.
Not surprising considering Ahrefs is one of the best SEO tools on the market. My personal favorite is Semrush, but Ahrefs is a close second.
Most SEO tools have their own YouTube channel. What differentiates Ahrefs’ YouTube channel from others is the consistent stream of helpful tutorials on SEO topics like keyword research, link building, technical SEO, and everything that’s trending in the world of SEO today.
It’s because of this commitment to consistency that Ahrefs’ YouTube channel has more views and followers than its competitors.
In addition to SEO tutorials, you’ll also find a handful of case studies from research and marketing experiments conducted by Ahrefs. For example, in their 3-part link building case study, you’ll learn how Ahrefs created an SEO statistics blog post and the exact link building technique they used to build backlinks to that post.
If you’d like to learn how to grow your organic traffic, Ahrefs’ marketing YouTube channel should definitely be on your radar.
Most Popular Video: SEO for Beginners: A Basic Tutorial for Higher Google Rankings
My 3 Favorite Ahrefs Videos
- Google Ranking Factors: Which Ones are Most Important?
- How to Use Google Ads to Improve SEO
- How to Speed Up Your WordPress Website (Simple Guide)
3. Brian Dean
Brian Dean, the founder of Backlinko, is one of the most respected figures in SEO. If you’re an SEO beginner, Brian Dean’s in-depth guides on SEO topics can help you get acquainted with various SEO concepts that will help you achieve higher rankings for your site.
On his channel, Dean shares actionable SEO, link building, and content marketing strategies that you can use to grow your business.
He also shares real-life examples and SEO case studies to show you the exact techniques he’s using to increase his website’s organic traffic. For example, in this link building case study, he explains how the “Guestographics” strategy helped one of his readers boost his site’s search traffic by over 900%.
Most Popular Video: How to Get More Views on YouTube
My 3 Favorite Brian Dean Videos
- How to Get More Traffic to Your Blog
- How to Write a Blog Post That Gets Massive Traffic
- Link Building: How to Get POWERFUL Backlinks
4. Noah Kagan
Noah Kagan is a serial entrepreneur who’s launched several successful SaaS companies. He’s widely known for being Chief Sumo at AppSumo, a popular online marketplace for entrepreneurs. AppSumo’s channel itself is featured later on this list, but let’s cover Noah Kagan’s channel first.
Noah’s channel focuses on marketing experiments, growth hacking techniques, productivity hacks, and occasional interviews with other entrepreneurs who are using innovative marketing techniques to fuel their business growth.
He also has a series where he deconstructs the business secrets behind successful millionaires and billionaires. Don’t miss his video on how Elon Musk made his first million.
Most Popular Video: How MrBeast Makes $97,529,400 a Year from YouTube
My 3 Favorite Noah Kagan Videos
- Top 2021 Marketing Strategies
- The 5 Business Apps I Use to Run a $30 Million/Year Company
- $50,000,000 from Email Marketing (Here’s 10 Ways for You)
Related: Top 10 AppSumo Deals of the Month
5. Vanessa Lau
If Instagram is your preferred channel for marketing and reaching out to your audience, Vannessa Lau’s YouTube channel has you covered.
Vanessa Lau educates her subscribers about how entrepreneurs and content creators can leverage Instagram to connect with their audience and build a loyal following. Indeed, in one of her most-watched videos, Lau shares five Instagram hacks to gain followers on the platform organically.
In addition, Lau also shares YouTube marketing tips and strategies to stand out on other popular platforms like TikTok and Snapchat.
Most Popular Video: How to Gain Instagram Followers Organically
My 3 Favorite Vanessa Lau Videos
- How to Increase Reach and Profile Visits on Instagram Fast
- 5 Rules of Creating Youtube Thumbnails
- How to Get More Likes on Instagram
If there’s a marketer who has truly achieved cult status, it’s Gary Vaynerchuk. He’s a serial entrepreneur and 5-time New York Times best-selling author. More recently, he launched his own NFT collection called VeeFriends.
GaryVee maintains an active presence on all major social channels and YouTube is no exception, where he posts videos almost on a daily basis. At the time of writing this post, there are 2,000+ videos on the channel. These videos include Q&A sessions, his documentary series DailyVee, interviews, keynote speeches, and occasional rants.
If you’re a marketer and you haven’t followed Gary Vaynerchuk on YouTube yet, you’re seriously missing out.
Subscribers: 3 million+
Most Popular Video: One Life, No Regrets
My 3 Favorite Gary Vaynerchuk Videos
- How to Use 9 Timeless Marketing Strategies in 2021
- Watch these 60 Minutes if You are Ready to Take Social Media Seriously
- How to Create the Most Impactful Story
Wondering whether a specific WordPress plugin is right for your website? Then this marketing YouTube channel is for you.
Adam Preiser’s channel WPCrafter is dedicated to deconstructing WordPress. You’ll find tutorials of popular WordPress plugins, themes, page builders, and other tools which can help you optimize your WordPress site.
Adam’s commitment to in-depth tutorials has helped him rack up over 200,000 subscribers. For a niched-down channel like WPCrafter, that’s quite an achievement and proves how you can build a loyal following by catering to a specific audience. His Elementor tutorial, for example, is perfect for anyone who’s just getting started with a complex page builder like Elementor.
Amidst the tutorials, you’ll also find occasional reviews of the latest AppSumo lifetime deals and a discussion on the changes coming to the ever-evolving WordPress ecosystem.
Most Popular Video: Elementor – WordPress Page Builder Tutorial
My 3 Favorite WPCrafter Videos
- How to Understand Website Visitor Behavior & Increase Conversions
- How to SEO Optimize Your WordPress Website in 30 Minutes
- Increase Your Ecommerce Sales with these 5 Simple & Free Tactics
Social Media Examiner’s YouTube channel has attracted more than 135,000 subscribers and 5 million views to date. If you are a marketer who’s seeking ideas on improving your social media marketing skills, this channel has you covered.
From marketing tutorials to interviews with leading industry experts, Michael Stelzner and team post 3-4 videos every week that feature discussions and advice on helping marketers navigate the constantly changing social media jungle.
Social Media Examiner also delves deep into advanced social media marketing strategies. In their video on advanced Facebook ad targeting, for example, advertising expert Rick Mulready shows you an advanced targeting method for expanding your cold audiences on Facebook.
Most Popular Video: How to Use Instagram Hashtags for Maximum Exposure
My 3 Favorite Social Media Examiner Videos
- Advanced Facebook Ad Targeting
- How to Skyrocket Your Organic Reach on Facebook
- How to Set Up Facebook Standard Events and Custom Conversions
If you have a new YouTube channel and don’t know where to start, vidIQ’s YouTube channel has videos you can binge to get your channel up and running.
vidIQ is a YouTube marketing tool that helps you uncover hidden metrics on every YouTube video, identify potential keywords, boost your video SEO, and more.
vidIQ’s channel focuses on helping you get more views and subscribers for your channel. You’ll find tutorials on how to use vidIQ as well as tips, tricks, and guides on how to grow your YouTube channel. If you’ve just started your YouTube channel, I’d highly recommend you watch their video on how to get your first 100 YouTube subscribers.
They also have a weekly series called “YouTube Channel Audits,” where they review different YouTube channels and offer tips and recommendations to help creators take their channel to the next level.
Most Popular Video: How to Get Your First 100 Subscribers on YouTube
My 3 Favorite vidIQ Videos
- How Long Should Your YouTube Videos Be?
- How to Get 4000 Hours Watch Time on YouTube
- How to Find the Best Keywords on YouTube?
If you’ve followed my blog long enough, then you’d know that I prefer Semrush over every other SEO tool on the market.
Semrush’s YouTube channel has enough content to teach you the basics of SEO and digital marketing, covering topics like “How to Get Backlinks to Your Site,” “How to Rank on YouTube“, and “Track SEO Metrics and Rank Faster on Google.”
You can also follow Semrush Live, which is the Semrush channel for live events like webinars and online conferences.
Most Popular Video: How to Go Viral on Quora
My 3 Favorite Semrush Videos
- Content Marketing Strategy in 7 Minutes
- How to Drive More Traffic to Your Website
- How to Get 10,000 Views on LinkedIn in One Month
11. Income School
Run by internet entrepreneurs Jim Harmer and Ricky Kesler, the Income School YouTube channel has been around since 2014 teaching their subscribers digital marketing, blogging, SEO, and YouTube marketing.
I like the honest, no-nonsense approach to the videos on this channel. I also like the fact that Harmer and Kesler are not afraid of sharing their views on some of the more controversial SEO tactics advocated by online marketing experts and influencers.
One of my favorite videos on the channel is their excellent rebuttal of a questionable claim made by Neil Patel on one of his videos. Harmer and Kesler wasted no time in sharing solid reasons as to why Neil Patel’s content strategy is not ideal for new bloggers and website owners.
Most Popular Video: The Complete Guide to SEO
My 3 Favorite Income School Videos
- How to Write a Perfect Blog Post in One Hour
- Neil Patel’s “Worst SEO Advice”: Let’s Talk Facts
- Creating a Winning Content Plan for Your Blog (The Battleship Method)
There was a time when the AppSumo YouTube channel only contained snapshots of the latest SaaS tools on offer at the #1 deal site for entrepreneurs. But the channel has lately evolved into an educational hub for entrepreneurs and marketers.
The information on all the new deals has now moved over to AppSumo’s second channel, AppSumo / Products. You can subscribe to this channel to be on the alert when a new tool drops at the AppSumo store.
The main AppSumo Youtube channel now exclusively features productivity hacks and marketing tips. In one of their recent videos, they discussed the best ways to level up your negotiation skills.
Most Popular Video: 5 Fantastic Online Business Ideas for 2021
My 3 Favorite AppSumo Videos
- The Best Way to Start A Podcast Now
- How to Learn Anything for Free
- How to Measure Your Startup’s Success
Related: Top 10 AppSumo Deals of the Month
HubSpot is a marketing, sales, and customer service platform that helps companies grow better. They also offer a plethora of free tools and resources to help entrepreneurs scale up their business and bolster their revenue.
Marketers, entrepreneurs, and agency owners can find a ton of value by subscribing to HubSpot’s YouTube channel. If you’re looking to level up your social media marketing skills, there’s no channel better than HubSpot. They cover everything from tips to create great Instagram ads to growth tactics for emerging platforms like Clubhouse.
In addition, you’ll also get the inside scoop on the strategies and tactics HubSpot used to drive the company’s explosive growth. For example, in their video “How HubSpot Grew to 7 Million Monthly Blog Views,” Jamal Meneide from HubSpot explains how the HubSpot blog generates such an enormous amount of organic traffic and how you can replicate the same strategy for your own blog.
Most Popular Video: Why No One Knows Who Created the Bitcoin
My 3 Favorite HubSpot Videos
- How to Set Social Media Marketing Goals
- The Power of Advertising Slogans
- How HubSpot Grew to 7 Million Monthly Blog Views
14. Neil Patel
Neil Patel is one of the most polarizing figures in digital marketing. People either love him or love to hate him. But even his harshest critic won’t be able to deny the success he’s achieved in all his business endeavors.
Neil Patel has the uncanny ability to scale up any project he becomes involved in. From his marketing podcast to his hugely popular blog to his SEO tool Ubersuggest, Neil has been able to build a loyal audience.
The same is the case with his YouTube channel, which has racked up 890,000 subscribers in a short span of time.
Neil Patel covers all the broad areas of digital marketing on his channel, from content marketing to email marketing to SEO.
Most Popular Video: SEO for Beginners: 3 Powerful SEO Tips to Rank #1 on Google
My 3 Favorite Neil Patel Videos
- How I Generated 37,186,336 Video Views Without Going Viral
- How to Create the Optimal SaaS Pricing Page
- How to Get More Backlinks (Fast)
15. Sandeep Mallya — 99signals (that’s my channel 👋 )
And coming in at #15 is my own YouTube channel (sorry for the shameless plug.)
If you’re an AppSumo customer (aka Sumoling), then you’ll find reviews and tutorials of the latest AppSumo deals that you ought to consider for your business. My reviews are in-depth and help you make an informed decision whether you should buy or skip a specific software deal.
In addition, I also post online marketing tutorials and how-to guides on the channel to help streamline your marketing efforts and grow your business.
Most Popular Video: How to Track Facebook Ads in Google Analytics [Using URL Parameters]
Here are the 3 videos I’d recommend from my channel:
- 5 Best SEO Chrome Extensions to Grow Your Search Traffic
- How to Track Facebook Ads in Google Analytics [Using URL Parameters]
- How to Use Facebook Ad Library to Spy on Your Competitors’ Facebook Ads
With so much quality marketing content on YouTube, it was quite a task to narrow this list down to just 15 marketing YouTube channels. Which is why I’ve included this section at the end of a few more channels that are worth subscribing to.
- Google Search Central – The official Google Search Central YouTube channel is a great place to find information on how to get the most out of your GSC account and improve your rankings in Google search results. The channel has over 430,000 subscribers. Click here to subscribe to Google Search Central.
- MeasureSchool – If you have any questions about Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, this channel most likely has the answers. Run by Julian Juenemann, MeasureSchool takes a data-driven approach to digital marketing. It’s the perfect channel to follow for measuring your digital marketing efforts. Click here to subscribe to MeasureSchool.
- Tips With Trena – Want to learn the secrets behind growing your YouTube channel organically? Then Trena Little’s channel is right up your alley. You’ll learn how to start your YouTube channel from scratch and get results fast. Click here to subscribe to Tips with Trena.
- Ranking Academy – As the name suggests, this channel focuses on teaching you how to get higher rankings and better online visibility through search engines. It’s one of the fastest growing marketing channels on YouTube with over 160,000 subscribers. Click here to subscribe to Ranking Academy.
- Fast Company – Fast Company is one of the world’s leading business publications. Their YouTube channel features a ton of branding and advertising advice. For example, in one of their recent videos, they explained how the new Mountain Dew commercial featuring LeBron James was a personal branding triumph for LeBron. Click here to subscribe to Fast Company.
- Moz – I was tempted to include Moz in the top 15 marketing YouTube channels, but since Rand Fishkin’s departure, the content is just not the same anymore. That’s not to say they don’t upload informative videos every now and then. Rand Fishkin still makes a cameo here and there on the channel, and they are capable of churning out videos that are helpful for advanced SEO users. Click here to subscribe to Moz.
That wraps up my list of best marketing YouTube channels that are worth subscribing to. Did I miss out on your favorite channel for marketing tips? Let me know in the comments section below. Don’t forget to share the reasons as to why that specific channel is your favorite for marketing advice.
If you found this article useful, please share it on Twitter using the link below: