With over 3.2 billion social media users worldwide, it’s safe to say every marketing strategy requires a social component to succeed.
Case in point: Marketers spent a whopping $89 billion on social media advertising in 2019.
Since the social media landscape changes so rapidly, it’s important that marketers stay updated with all the latest trends, features, and algorithm updates. One way to stay updated is by tuning in regularly to social media marketing podcasts.
The 10 social media podcasts featured in this article are packed with insights, tips, and strategies to level up your social media marketing game. Make sure you subscribe to them on your favorite podcast app.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Social Media Podcasts for Online Marketers
Hosted by: Jay Baer and Adam Brown
Launched in 2012, Social Pros is one of the oldest and most popular social media podcasts on the web. Hosted by Jay Baer of Convince & Convert and Adam Brown of Salesforce, the podcast features inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and several more staff, operate and measure their social media programs.
Each episode includes insights from a leading social media strategist plus current trends and ideas in the social media industry, discussed and ratified or debunked by Baer and Brown. Tune in for insights from two of the leading experts in the field.
- Secrets to Success When Publishing Content on LinkedIn
- 366 Bites of Wisdom for Social Media Professionals
- How to Repurpose your Content on Social for Maximum Results
Hosted by: Andréa Jones
Savvy Social Podcast is a weekly podcast hosted by social media strategist Andréa Jones of OnlineDrea.com. The podcast covers all aspects of social media and features chats with other industry professionals who share insights on what social media strategies have worked for them.
- Using Social Media to Build a Side Hustle
- Planning Your Social Media Posts
- How Social Media Fits Into Your Marketing Plan
Hosted by: The Buffer Team
The Science of Social Media is a weekly podcast by Buffer, one of the most widely-used social media scheduling tools on the market.
Buffer’s podcast mainly focuses on social media marketing, with each episode containing actionable advice and strategies on how to grow your social media presence.
- The Complete, Actionable Guide to Marketing Personas
- 9 Social Media Goals You Can Set for Your Business (and How to Track Them)
- 6 Simple Ways You Can Use Neuroscience to Increase Marketing Productivity
4. Online Marketing Made Easy
Hosted by: Amy Porterfield
Leading online marketing strategist Amy Porterfield’s podcast, Online Marketing Made Easy, is designed to help you take immediate action on the most important strategies for starting, scaling, and automating your online business.
The podcast features mini marketing masterclasses on a wide range of marketing topics, step-by-step guides, and interviews with successful entrepreneurs.
Need help with Facebook ads? Want to improve your LinkedIn presence? Thinking about creating an online course? Tune in for answers to all your marketing challenges.
- How To Create Atomic Habits with James Clear
- The Pre-Launch Facebook Ad Strategy, with Rick Mulready
- How to Create a Pre-Launch Facebook Live Content Strategy
Hosted by: Michael Stelzner
Hosted by Social Media Examiner’s founder Michael Stelzner, Social Media Marketing Podcast has been consistently ranking in the top 10 marketing podcasts for the last seven years.
In the podcast, Stelzner shares success stories and expert interviews from leading social media marketing pros. You’ll discover how successful companies use social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing.
- YouTube Trends: What Marketers Need to Know
- Writing Facebook Ad Copy That Converts
- How to Succeed With LinkedIn Ads
6. The GaryVee Audio Experience
Hosted by: Gary Vaynerchuk
If there’s one person who’s mastered the art of social media marketing, it’s Gary Vaynerchuk. He has a huge following on almost every social network — from established networks like Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter to emerging platforms like TikTok.
On each of these platforms, Vaynerchuk consistently uploads native content that resonates with his audience. His podcast is no different.
The GaryVee Audio Experience covers a mix of Vaynerchuk’s #AskGaryVee show episodes, keynote speeches, snippets from the DAILYVEE video series, and original podcast content.
- How To Dominate Social Media in 2020
- Content, Context, and Intent is Your Advantage
- How to Master a New Platform
Hosted by: The Social Media Examiner Team
Social Media Marketing Talk Show is another podcast by Social Media Examiner. While Michael Stelzner’s personal podcast focuses on actionable social media strategies, Social Media Marketing Talk Show focuses on trending social media news stories.
Each week, the Social Media Examiner team brings you expert commentary on breaking social media marketing news from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and Pinterest. Listen in to gain quick social media insights.
- Facebook Page Verification: What Marketers Need to Know
- LinkedIn Enhanced Ads Targeting Tools: What Marketers Need to Know
- New YouTube Revenue Opportunities for Channels
8. The Art of Online Business
Hosted by: Rick Mulready
Previously called The Art of Paid Traffic, Rick Mulready’s podcast is a primer on all aspects of paid advertising. In the podcast, Mulready shares Facebook and Instagram ad strategies you can use to create a foundation for more freedom, leads, and sales in your business.
Tune in to the podcast for practical tips, actionable strategies, and detailed case studies to help you build a successful online business.
- How to Win With Facebook & Instagram Ads in 2020
- The Secret to Improving Your Facebook/IG Ad Targeting & Copy
- How to Increase Sales By Understanding Your Buyer’s Journey
9. Masters of Scale
Hosted by: Reid Hoffman
Hosted by LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, Masters of Scale is a weekly podcast featuring the best startup advice from Silicon Valley and beyond. Each week, Hoffman invites iconic founders and CEOs who share the stories and strategies that helped them grow their companies from startups into global brands.
Past guests on the show have included successful online entrepreneurs such as Ben Chestnut from Mailchimp, Instagram’s Kevin Systrom, Stewart Butterfield from Slack, and many more.
- Instagram’s Kevin Systrom — Keep it simple while scaling big
- LinkedIn’s Jeff Weiner – How to set the drumbeat
- Escape the Competition with PayPal’s Peter Thiel
10. Hashtag Authentic
Hosted by: Sara Tasker
Sara Tasker is an Instagram expert with over 200k followers on the platform and a thriving six-figure online business. Hashtag Authentic is her weekly podcast where she guides you through the lessons and strategies she learned to build a successful business.
Tune in for an insider’s view of all things Instagram, blogging, social media and beyond.
Learn more: Apple Podcasts
- The Inside Scoop on Using Pinterest For Growth
- Using Viral Content to Boost Your Brand with Present & Correct
- Why It’s Never Too Late to Grow Your Instagram
That’s the list — my ten favorite social media marketing podcasts. Did I miss one of your favorite social media podcasts? Please let me know in the comments section below.
Need more podcast recommendations? Check out these articles as well:
- 12 Best Content Marketing Podcasts
- 10 Best SEO Podcasts
- 30 Best Marketing Podcasts
- 10 Best Podcasts for Entrepreneurs
If you liked this article, please share it on Twitter using the link below:
Editor’s Note: This article was first published on 14 January 2020 and has been updated regularly since then for relevance and comprehensiveness.