SendFox is an email marketing tool by Noah Kagan, the founder of AppSumo (business deals website) and other popular online marketing tools such as Sumo (lead-gen plugin) and KingSumo (giveaway platform). Noah claims SendFox was essentially launched to solve their own email marketing problem as they were sick of all the email marketing tools out there that cost an arm and a leg.
The first time I stumbled upon SendFox was via AppSumo when they launched a lifetime access deal on SendFox. As of May 2021, you can still grab a SendFox subscription at AppSumo and get lifetime access to the tool for $49.
Since this is AppSumo’s very own email marketing tool, you can expect this deal to be live for a longer duration than some of the other deals on AppSumo. Because of the lifetime access deal on AppSumo, SendFox is currently the most affordable email marketing tool on the market.
As such, if you’re on a shoestring budget, but need a reliable email marketing platform that lets you send unlimited emails to your subscribers and is easy to use, SendFox may just be the solution to all your problems. It’s the perfect combination of simplicity and affordability. That said, the tool is not without its problems.
Read on to learn more about SendFox’s best features and what it’s currently lacking to give email marketing veterans like MailChimp and ConvertKit a run for their money.
Before we begin, you can check out this video review and walkthrough of SendFox which I published a while back. In the video, I provide a quick run down of all the top features you’d be using on SendFox. But if you’d like an in-depth analysis of all the features, please scroll down and read the full review.
What is SendFox?
SendFox is an email marketing tool designed specifically for content creators — bloggers, podcasters, YouTubers, and more. The tool allows you to create, schedule, and automate unlimited customized emails.
As mentioned earlier, the only way to access SendFox at the time of writing this review is via AppSumo. Currently, the SendFox website doesn’t offer any details on what the tool includes and its top features. It just includes a smart bar on top, prompting users to the AppSumo deal page. You’ll need to visit the AppSumo page for more information on the tool.
Click here to learn more about the SendFox deal at AppSumo
In the next section, we’ll explore some of SendFox’s key features.
Here’s the brutal truth: SendFox currently lacks several features that will help it compete with email marketing veterans such as Mailchimp, SendinBlue, or even ConvertKit. From lack of basic email and form templates to font selection to automation triggers, SendFox leaves a lot to be desired.
Having said that, there are a few features that are unique and make SendFox an exciting email platform for professional bloggers and podcasters.
Here are some of SendFox’s key features that deserve special praise:
- Integrated RSS functionality – Bloggers will love SendFox’s integrated RSS functionality, as it allows you to automatically draft your latest blog posts. With this feature, you can send your latest blog posts to your subscribers as soon as your blog posts are published with little to no effort.
- Unlimited email sends – When was the last time you signed up for an email service that didn’t have a daily or monthly limit on the number of emails you could send? With SendFox, there’s no restriction on the number of emails you can send on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Custom landing pages and forms – SendFox is not just an email marketing tool. It’s also a lead-capture tool as it allows you to create custom, branded landing pages and forms to capture leads on your site. These forms and landing pages can be easily integrated into your website, enabling you to grow your email list.
- Email Automation – Email automation has quickly become one of the key aspects of email marketing. With automated emails, you can grow and nurture your email list at the same time. SendFox allows you to create a series of automated emails to your subscribers as and when they join your email list.
- Auto-Import from Mailchimp: In case you’re migrating from Mailchimp, you can use the “Auto-Import from Mailchimp” feature. All you need to do is enter your Mailchimp API key and you’ll be able to import all your contacts from Mailchimp to SendFox.
Now let’s explore some of the things that SendFox currently lacks.
- Lack of customization: For an email service that touts customization as one of its highest selling points, there’s sadly very little customization you can do with SendFox. For the email template, there are only 3 font types you can choose from and there’s no preview available for the email. So you’d need to send yourself a test email each time to see how your email looks in an inbox. Moreover, the landing pages and forms have the most basic look and feel with no options to enter custom fields.
- Limited triggers for automated emails: There are very few triggers available for automated emails. For instance, once you’ve set up an automation sequence for new subscribers, the next email in the series can be sent only if the last email was received, opened, or clicked. You can’t set an interval between emails. This can lead to subscribers either ignoring your emails or unsubscribing from your list altogether.
Ease of Use
Lack of features aside, one of SendFox’s biggest advantages is that it’s extremely easy to use — even for email marketing beginners. The interface is seamless and minimalistic.
When it comes to crafting your email, you can use the simple WSYWIG editor to customize the font, colors, formatting, and links in your emails to make sure they stay true to your brand. Other features such as creation of built-in forms and landing pages hardly take any time to learn and the setting up of automated emails is a hassle-free process.
Analytics and Reporting
Email analytics can often get confusing. But it’s something that shouldn’t be overlooked. Tracking your email marketing performance allows you to make improvements to your email campaigns and helps you reach out more effectively to your subscribers and deliver content specifically tailored to them.
There are four essential metrics you need to keep a track of — open rate, click rate, bounce rate, and unsubscribe rate. With SendFox, you can track these important metrics for each email you’ve sent to your subscribers on the dashboard itself.
Next to each email you’ve sent out, you’ll be able to see the open rate, click rate, bounce rate, and the total number of respondents who just unsubscribed from your list.
All of Noah Kagan’s businesses provide excellent customer support. SendFox is no exception. If you’re having trouble with the setup or have general questions about email marketing, you can get in touch with SendFox’s customer support team by tapping the chat icon on the bottom right of your screen.
SendFox offers the perfect blend of simplicity and affordability. If you’re looking for an affordable email marketing solution that lets you build simple, branded emails without much hassle, then SendFox may be the ideal email platform for you.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a Mailchimp alternative, you’re going to be disappointed. While you can easily migrate your contacts from Mailchimp to SendFox, the email platform is a long way away from being a serious Mailchimp or ConvertKit competitor.
So consider your current email marketing needs before you decide to change your email marketing service provider.
Click here to get lifetime access to SendFox for $49
Editor’s Note: This article was first published on 5 December 2019 and has been updated regularly since then for relevance and comprehensiveness.
Thank you sir,
This is really an outstanding post about email marketing, before reading this post I was so confused about which one is good for email marketing and which one offers best features in affordable price.
but now I know SendFox in my answer
Thanks! So much clearer than all the SumoApp marketing material.