Welcome to my July 2019 income report. Last month, I was able to generate side income earnings of $5,242.48, with a net profit of $4,282.02.
The total month-on-month revenue was roughly the same (just a minuscule 2.5%) and the profits were up by 1.6%.
As always, before I reveal my side income earnings, let’s take a look at some of the key highlights of the month.
(To learn more about why I started maintaining monthly income reports, visit this page)
Content Creation — Latest (and Updated) Blog Posts, Videos, and Podcast Episodes
Here are 3 freshly minted posts from last month — one authored by me and two from guest contributors.
- 12 Clever Ways to Repurpose Content (and Get More Traffic) – Really proud of this article — lot of research went into the topic of repurposing posts and the 12 actionable tips presented in this article are the most effective techniques to generate traffic from your older blog posts.
- Google Updates in 2019 – A Quick Recap – Eric Gruboy, founder of Lightwalker.media, discusses the 3 major changes that were confirmed by Google, and breaks them down for you.
- Facebook Pixel: A Quick Guide to Installing and Using Facebook’s All-Purpose Tracking Tool – This post by James Miller, Biteable’s software and tech content writer, explains what exactly the Facebook pixel does for you and why you need it.
Updated Blog Posts
I’m a huge believer in the concept of evergreen content. Hence, I keep revisiting my old posts in order to add new information and fix any existing loopholes. To that end, here are all the articles that were updated in July.
- 7 Best Landing Page Builders to Increase Conversions – Addition of HubSpot landing pages in the listicle.
- Mailchimp Alternatives: 8 Best Mailchimp Alternatives in 2019 – The revised addition of this article includes “HubSpot” in the list of Mailchimp alternatives.
Recorded and published a couple of new episodes of the Marketing Mantra podcast last month. Listen to these episodes on your preferred podcast player or click on the links below to listen to them on the Anchor app.
In episode 27 of Marketing Mantra, I share my thoughts on Facebook’s new cryptocurrency, Libra, and how the social media giant aims to revolutionize the payment system with the new digital money.
In this episode, I’ll be joined by Daniel Daines-Hutt from AmpMyContent. Dan is a self-confessed marketing nerd who teaches people how to get more traffic and engagement for their existing content. His guide to paid content promotion was ranked among the Top 10 content of all time on Inbound.org (now Growth.org) and Growth Hackers.
The theme of this episode is “The Art of Paid Content Promotion.” If you’re a marketer or blogger who’s looking for ways to leverage your existing content through paid channels like Facebook ads, you’re going to enjoy listening to this episode.
You can also listen to the podcast within the free 99signals mobile app. Download it now on your iOS or Android device and access all our articles, podcast, and videos on-the-go:
I published a couple of videos last month on our YouTube channel. You can watch both these videos below:
1. [AppSumo Deal Review] Influence Review & Walkthrough
In this Influence review and walkthrough, I’ll explain how you can use real-time social proof notifications to instantly boost your conversion rates and highlight some of the key features of Influence, a social proof notification tool that’s currently available at AppSumo for a heavily discounted price.
2. How to Use Facebook Ad Library to Optimize Your Facebook Ads
Facebook Ad Library is where you can see all the active and inactive ads on Facebook. It’s a great tool to uncover your competitors’ ad strategies and get valuable insights. Yet it doesn’t get the recognition it deserves and very few marketers are using it to generate ideas for their Facebook ad campaigns.
Watch this video to learn more about how to make the best use of this highly underrated Facebook Marketing tool.
Winning the July 2019 SEMrush Affiliate Program Contest
I also won the SEMrush Monthly Affiliate Marketing Contest for the eBook on SEMrush Traffic Analytics I published last month.
This is the fourth time I’m winning this contest, and I’m super happy that my SEMrush content is helping people make better use of their SEMrush subscription.
2019 Goodreads Reading Challenge
Like last year, I’ve taken up a Goodreads reading challenge in 2019 and the challenge is once again the same — to finish reading 100 books by the end of 2019; 25 of which to be business books.
In July, I managed to read these business books:
In Talk Like TED, Gallo reveals the presentations secrets of TED speakers and what makes them so compelling. I found this book vividly insightful and I would recommended it not just to people who’d like to improve their presentation and public speaking skills, but also to those who’d like to learn the secrets of creating highly engaging content.
I was under the impression that The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg was the best book I’d ever read on the psychology of habits. But James Clear changed my mind with his brilliant book Atomic Habits. In the book, Clear provides a four-step framework to create good habits and eliminate bad ones. It’s recommended reading for anyone who’d like actionable ideas on building good habits.
(Side note: I’ve made a list of 79 best books for entrepreneurs. Be sure to check out this exhaustive list if you’re an avid book reader.)
Quotes I’m Pondering (July 1 – 31, 2019)
Inspired by Tim Ferriss’ Tribe of Mentors, you’ll find thought-provoking quotes in all my income reports.
These are the quotes that inspired me and changed my thinking in July. I hope you find them just as insightful as I did:
“You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” — Rabindranath Tagore (Indian polymath, writer, and essayist)
“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” — Isaac Asimov (American science-fiction author)
July 2019 Income Report
Now let’s take a look at my earnings in July. As always, this report consists of my affiliate earnings, followed by other income, expenses, and net profit breakdown.
- SEMrush – $2,598.88 (review / eBook)
- AppSumo – $1251.14 (latest deals)
- AppSumo Briefcase – $28.99 (review)
- SendinBlue – $670 (review)
- ConvertKit – $46.37 (review)
- Instapage – $23.7 (review)
- Landingi – $23.4 (review)
Total Affiliate Earnings: $4,642.48
- Sponsored posts – $600 (click here for more details)
Total Side Income Earnings: $5,242.48
- Mailchimp (Recurring) – $50 (review)
- AppSumo Briefcase (Recurring) – $49 (review)
- Design Pickle (Recurring) – $399
- WPRocket – $49
- BunnyCDN – $5
- Google Ads – $52.10
- Facebook Ads – $165.87
- Ahrefs (Recurring) – $99 (review)
- Alexa (Recurring) – $19.99
- Buildfire (Recurring) – $59
- TubeBuddy (Recurring) – $4.50
- SoundCloud Pro (Recurring) – $8
Total expenses: $960.46
Net Profit Breakdown
- Affiliate earnings: $4,642.48
- Other income: $600
- Total expenses: (-$960.46)
- Net Profit: $4,282.02
That wraps up the income report for July 2019.
If you have any questions about this month’s income report, feel free to ask them in the comments section or connect with me via Twitter.
To get frequent updates on all things SEO, blogging, and social media, follow 99signals on these platforms below:
- 99signals Mobile App (iTunes/App Store)
- 99signals Mobile App (Google Play Store)
If you’re interested to learn more about passive income, I reveal some of my affiliate marketing secrets in this article + webinar. Be sure to check it out!