Welcome to my August 2019 income report. Last month, I was able to generate side income earnings of $5,722.28, with a net profit of $4,777.49.
Overall, it was a decent month in terms of revenue growth. The total month-on-month revenue was up by 9.15% and the profits were up by 11.57%.
As always, before I reveal my side income earnings, let’s take a look at some of the key highlights of the month.
(To learn more about why I started maintaining monthly income reports, visit this page)
Content Creation — Latest (and Updated) Blog Posts, Videos, and Podcast Episodes
I published three blog posts last month, and if you haven’t read them yet, please do so by clicking on the links below:
- 10 Best TV Shows for Entrepreneurs – From Silicon Valley to Shark Tank to Billions, this article lists the 10 best shows for entrepreneurs.
- 5 Best AWeber Alternatives You Need to Consider – If you’re currently using AWeber as your default email marketing software, and for some reason, you’d like to switch to better alternatives out there, this is the article for you.
- The Ultimate Guide to SEMrush Traffic Analytics – I published an eBook on SEMrush’s Traffic Analytics tool in July 2019, and I decided to convert the same into a long-form post to reach a wider audience and generate some more awareness for this under-utilized, yet immensely useful tool within SEMrush.
Updated Blog Posts
I’m a huge believer in the concept of evergreen content. Hence, I keep revisiting my old posts in order to add new information and fix any existing loopholes. To that end, here are all the articles that were updated last month.
- Supermetrics Review: Reporting Automation Tool for SEO, PPC, and Analytics – Supermetrics introduced a new pricing structure last month. This review is updated accordingly, along with a few minor tweaks here and there.
- Shorby Review and Walkthrough: Drive Traffic from Instagram – The Shorby deal is back on AppSumo — this time in an all new avatar. The new and improved Shorby, dubbed Shorby 2.0, has introduced something called Smart Pages — which allows you to create custom backgrounds, animated Avatars, text blocks, GIFs, videos, and eye-catching design to take your Instagram link page’s performance to the next level. This review takes into account the new changes.
Recorded and published a couple of new episodes of the Marketing Mantra podcast last month. Listen to these episodes on your preferred podcast player or click on the links below to listen to them on the Anchor app.
In this episode, I’ll be joined by Matthew Woodward, a marketing thought leader who’s considered a leading authority in SEO. Matthew was a great influence on me back when I started my marketing blog. His in-depth articles and tutorials really helped me build my site’s authority and improve my search rankings.
His immensely popular award-winning internet marketing blog has over 180,000 subscribers and has generated over 4 million unique visits since he started blogging in 2012.
In this episode, we’ll be talking about SEO in general and link building in particular. Matthew will talk about the role of link building in the rapidly evolving SEO landscape and share 3 of his favourite link building strategies.
In episode 30 of the Marketing Mantra podcast, I’ll be discussing the top 3 social media news stories in August 2019.
From Tumblr getting sold to Autamattic Inc., the parent company of WordPress, for a fraction of what it was once worth, to Instagram suspending meme accounts with millions of followers, here are all the trending news stories in the world of social media marketing in the month of August.
You can also listen to the podcast within the free 99signals mobile app. Download it now on your iOS or Android device and access all our articles, podcast, and videos on-the-go:
I reviewed SocialBee, a social media management tool, last month. You can watch the video below:
- SocialBee Review & Walkthrough – A Great Alternative to Buffer & Hootsuite
In this SocialBee review and walkthrough, I’ll showcase some of the key features of this popular social media management tool and help you decide whether this is the right social media scheduler for your current needs.
2019 Goodreads Reading Challenge
Like last year, I’ve taken up a Goodreads reading challenge in 2019 and the challenge is once again the same — to finish reading 100 books by the end of 2019; 25 of which to be business books.
I was just able to read one business book last month: Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull. Rest of my reading hours were spent on reading Homo Deus, Yuval Hoah Harari’s excellent follow-up book to his bestseller Sapiens.
Ed Catmull’s Creativity, Inc. explores the subject of creativity in business, drawing from his rich experience as the co-founder and president of Pixar Animation Studios, where he produced such beloved animation films as Toy Story, Finding Nemo, WALL-E, Up, Inside Out, and many more.
To be honest, I was slightly underwhelmed by this book. It was fascinating to learn more about Pixar’s origins and Steve Jobs’ involvement in it, but I wanted the book to explore the secrets behind Pixar’s incredible storytelling capabilities. I was disappointed on that front, but having said that, Catmull does provide valuable insights into leadership and fostering a creative environment to produce the best work from his team.
(Side note: I’ve made a list of 79 best books for entrepreneurs. Be sure to check out this exhaustive list if you’re an avid book reader.)
Quotes I’m Pondering (Aug 1 – 31, 2019)
Inspired by Tim Ferriss’ Tribe of Mentors, you’ll find thought-provoking quotes in all my income reports.
These are the quotes that inspired me and changed my thinking in August. I hope you find them just as insightful as I did:
“Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” — Oprah Winfrey (American talk show host and media executive)
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley (Writer & Philosopher)
August 2019 Income Report
Now let’s take a look at my earnings in August. As always, this report consists of my affiliate earnings, followed by other income, expenses, and net profit breakdown.
- SEMrush – $3,115.22 (review / eBook)
- AppSumo – $800.22 (latest deals)
- Serpstat – $79.95 (review)
- KWFinder – $155.19 (review)
- AppSumo Briefcase – $96.29 (review)
- SendinBlue – $665.01 (review)
- ConvertKit – $52.37 (review)
- Instapage – $23.7 (review)
- Venngage – $109 (review)
- PitchGround – $29.4 (latest deals)
- Book Like A Boss – $25
- Amazon Affiliate Earnings – $29
Total Affiliate Earnings: $5,231.15
- Sponsored posts – $450 (click here for more details)
- Google AdSense – $41.13
Total Side Income Earnings: $5,722.28
- Mailchimp (Recurring) – $50 (review)
- AppSumo Briefcase (Recurring) – $49 (review)
- Design Pickle (Recurring) – $399
- WPRocket – $49
- BunnyCDN – $5
- Google Ads – $99.20
- Facebook Ads – $103.10
- Ahrefs (Recurring) – $99 (review)
- Alexa (Recurring) – $19.99
- Buildfire (Recurring) – $59
- TubeBuddy (Recurring) – $4.50
- SoundCloud Pro (Recurring) – $8
Total expenses: $944.79
Net Profit Breakdown
- Affiliate earnings: $5,231.15
- Other income: $491.13
- Total expenses: (-$944.79)
- Net Profit: $4,777.49
That wraps up the income report for August 2019.
If you have any questions about this month’s income report, feel free to ask them in the comments section or connect with me via Twitter.
To get frequent updates on all things SEO, blogging, and social media, follow 99signals on these platforms below:
- 99signals Mobile App (iTunes/App Store)
- 99signals Mobile App (Google Play Store)
If you’re interested to learn more about passive income, I reveal some of my affiliate marketing secrets in this article + webinar. Be sure to check it out!