I think we’ll all agree that invoicing can be a pain! It can be complicated, intimidating, and can waste a lot of productive time which you could have spent on what you love to do. Wouldn’t it be great if this complicated and time-consuming process was simplified and sped up?
Well, consider yourself very lucky…
… because FreshBooks is the answer to all your invoicing and accounting problems.
Started way back in 2003, FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting system which allows people to create and send professional-looking invoices in a flash. The invoice templates are really elegant and over time, the developers at FreshBooks have added mobile-friendly templates and several other useful features.
One of my personal favorite features about FreshBooks is its expense tracking feature. Say goodbye to the days of storing all the bills and receipts in your shoebox. With the FreshBooks mobile app, you can snap a picture of your receipt and log an expense right away. You can also directly import expenses from your bank statements and credit card statements.
Yet another useful feature that FreshBooks offers is that you can generate financial reporting reports which will give you a glimpse of how your business is doing.
You can try FreshBooks free for 30 days; no credit card required. If the aforementioned features are beneficial for your business, then you should definitely give FreshBooks a try. However, the trial will not include a few premium features. One of them is that you can’t remove the FreshBooks logo from your invoices.
Once the trial is over, you will have an option to upgrade to any of these four pricing options:
- Sprout: $12.95/Month – You can bill up to 5 clients. Unlimited invoices, expenses, and time tracking.
- Seedling: $19.95/Month – You can bill up to 20 clients. Unlimited invoices, expenses, and time tracking.
- Evergreen: $29.95/Month – You can bill up to 200 clients. Unlimited invoices, expenses, and time tracking.
- Mighty Oak: $39.95/Month – You can bill unlimited clients. Unlimited invoices, expenses, and time tracking. You can also add a staff member and track revenue and expenses of staff member.
If you have no plans to upgrade to any of the paid plans, no sweat! FreshBooks will securely store your invoices, expenses, and other data in case you decide to upgrade at some time in the future.
If you’re an early stage entrepreneur, then i’d urge you to go with the Sprout pricing plan. Once your business scales up, you can try Seedling or Evergreen.
FreshBooks is ideal for small business owners who would like professionalism and a more organized structure to their invoicing process. Here are some of the benefits of using FreshBooks:
- Ease of Use – Accounting has always been perceived as a complicated, time-consuming, and tedious task. With FreshBooks, accounting becomes simplified and intuitive, saving you a lot of time which you can focus on growing your business.
- Accessibility – FreshBooks makes your business accessible from any device (desktop, iPhone, iPad, Android).
- Get Organized – As mentioned earlier, FreshBooks makes the accounting process more organized and makes it easier for small business owners to get paid.
- Save Time – Spend less time billing your clients and more time focusing on growing your business.
- Customer Support – The customer support from FreshBooks is fantastic. Even when you’re on a trial period. The customer service executives are polite, courteous, and knowledgeable about the product. You can reach out to them either via phone or email. They also have an active blog where you can learn more tips and tricks on using FreshBooks.
With the features and benefits listed in this review, it’s hard to not give FreshBooks a try. It offers a great variety of invoicing features, expense tracking, and financial reports with an easy-to-use interface. FreshBooks also has large number of integrations (PayPal, Stripe, Shopify, etc.) and has mobile apps on iOS and Android. All these amazing features with an excellent customer support.
If you think it’s a right fit for your business, go ahead and give it a FREE 30-day trial.
A few other links which you may find useful:
FreshBooks vs QuickBooks