WordPress 4.8 aka “Evans” is now available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard.
If you haven’t already updated your WordPress site, it’s time do so to enjoy the latest features.
In this article, we’ll reveal 5 major features in WordPress 4.8 that will have a great impact on your site.
WordPress 4.8 New Features
Here are all the major updates within WordPress that you need to be aware of:
- Add Images Within Widgets Without Code: You can now add an image within the widget without the use of code or WordPress plugins.
- Add Videos/Audio Within Widgets Without Code: You can turn any video/audio from your media library into a sidebar widget with the new widget settings.
- Text Widget Visual Editor: WordPress 4.8 will now support a visual editor for plain text widgets. You no longer need to know coding or download plugins to add rich text and links.
- Link Boundaries: Editing links within your site just got a lot easier with this new feature. Adding new text to existing anchor text can now be without having to reinsert the link.
- Nearby WordPress Events: This new section in your WordPress dashboard keeps you informed of all the WordPress events happening near you.
With all these new features within WordPress 4.8, take some time to review the existing plugins on your WordPress site and deactivate the ones you no longer need.
Having too many plugins on your WordPress site affects site speed as explained in this article in detail. Site speed is now a critical ranking signal and as such, it’s important that you review the plugins on your site from time to time to keep only the essential ones.
Have you updated your site yet? What do you think of WordPress 4.8? Please share your thoughts in the comments section.
Check out more interesting articles on WordPress and WordPress plugins in our WordPress archive.