Welcome to 2017’s first edition of our monthly roundup of Best SEO Articles from around the web.
January roundup features SEO articles from SEMrush, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Journal, Ahrefs, Moz, TechWyse, and Digital Current.
7 Best SEO Articles of January 2017 https://www.99signals.com/best-seo-articles-january-2017/ @99signalsblog
1. The Ultimate SEO Google Hack: 4 Step Process to Influence Google (SEMrush)
Don Purdum, Founder & CEO of Unveil the Web, reveals the 4-step process to influence Google SEO.
2. How to Build Links Without Creating Content: 5 Examples (Search Engine Land)
Link building and content marketing often complement each other, but Search Engine Land columnist Andrew Dennis notes that there are plenty of ways to build links, even if you don’t have the resources to create content.
3. How to Choose a Good SEO Company for Your Business or Website (Moz)
Oh boy, it’s Whiteboard Friday time!
In this edition of Whiteboard Friday, Rand Fishkin identifies common pitfalls to avoid and advice to take when it comes to selecting an agency or consultant to optimize your site for search engines.
4. Interview with the Wizard of Moz: Rand Fishkin (TechWyse)
From an SEO resource from Moz to an interview with the Wizard of Moz himself. Sreelal G Pillai from TechWyse had the opportunity to connect with Rand Fishkin for a one on one interview. A must-read if you’re a Rand Fishkin fan.
5. 10 Common Misconceptions of Backlink Profiles (Search Engine Journal)
Ronald Dod, Co-founder and Owner of Visiture, reveals 10 most common misconceptions of backlink profiles in this insightful article.
6. I Just Deleted Your Outreach Email Without Reading. And NO, I Don’t Feel Sorry (Ahrefs)
The more famous a person is, the more of these outreach templates he gets in his inbox daily. That’s why Tim Soulo from Ahrefs suggests we divide our list of prospects into four groups and treat each group differently.
7. 7 Vital SEO Trends to Know for Google Rankings in 2017 (Digital Current)
Sam Hurley from Digital Current reveals the top seven SEO trends you need to know in 2017 to ensure you achieve and maintain elevated Google rankings.
So these were the articles that caught our attention in January in the realm of SEO. You can check out our very own SEO articles from the archives here.
Do you think we missed out on an SEO article which should be included in this list? Share your thoughts in the comments section.