Do you attend SEO webinars? If you don’t, it’s time you reconsider. SEO webinars provide a wealth of information not just for beginners, but also for SEO veterans. Best yet, most of the webinars include hands-on tutorials and walkthroughs on how to boost your website’s SEO and rank higher in search engine result pages (SERPs).
To make it easier for you to keep track of all the webinars in 2018, we’ve compiled a list of the best SEO webinars.
So here are some of the best SEO webinars you should attend in 2018.
(Note: We’ll update this page as and when we learn of new SEO webinars. So be sure to bookmark this page and revisit at a later date. In case you missed any of these, there’s a link below the description of each webinar that gives you access to the recording.)
Last update: April 10, 2018
SEO Webinars in 2018
1. Link Building in 2018 [Webinar by SEMrush]
When: Wednesday, January 10 at 9AM PT
Learn everything you need to know on how Google’s new mobile-first index may affect the way you build links.
Industry veteran Debra Mastaler will be joined by Jon Cooper and Paddy Moogan to answer your questions about effective Link Building in 2018.
Missed the webinar? No worries. Click here to get access to the recording.
2. 2018 Content & SEO Predictions [Webinar by Content Marketing Institute]
When: Wednesday, January 10 at 2PM ET
Content & SEO are constantly changing, and if you’re planning to have a killer 2018, it never hurts to cultivate a little foresight.
On January 10th at 2PM, join Robert Rose, Seth Besmertnik, and Wil Reynolds as they discuss their 2018 Content & SEO Predictions and the coming changes in our industry, including:
- Content & SEO merging into one discipline
- Search data becoming a KPI for overall business performance and potential
- How new and massive growth will come from just 10% of content
- A new industry-wide focus on content’s “lifetime value”
3. Video SEO: How to Double Your Traffic This Year with YouTube & Video SEO [Webinar by Search Engine Journal]
When: Wednesday, January 24 at 2PM ET
Every content strategy should have a video SEO plan in place. If you don’t have one yet, you’ll be missing out on a huge source of traffic in 2018. This webinar will help you fix just that!
Join this webinar to learn how you can fully leverage high-quality video content to boost your marketing efforts, engage both leads and customers, and improve your organic traffic.
In this presentation, you will discover:
- How you can start taking advantage of video in 2018
- The video SEO strategy you need to be using to maximize your efforts
- How to create an engaging YouTube channel that gets thousands of views
- How to rank video on YouTube and Google
- Tools to shortcut your success
4. How to Grow Your Organic Traffic without New Content or Backlinks [Webinar by SEMrush]
When: Wednesday, January 24 at 2:00 PM ET
In this webinar, Eric Siu (CEO of digital marketing agency Single Grain) will show you how you can realistically grow your organic traffic without having to acquire more links or writing a bunch of new content.
You will learn:
- The power of repurposing and upgrading posts
- Why internal links still matter
- The simple way of using Google Search Console to amplify your page clickthrough rates
- How to go beyond Google Search Console
5. The Insider’s Guide to SEMrush – On Page SEO Checker [Webinar by SEMrush]
When: Tuesday, January 23 at 1PM EST
Join Krista Tidman (Customer Success Manager at SEMrush) as she guides you through the platform, learning the best tips & tricks to each tool!
In this webinar, Krista will be showcasing the On Page SEO Checker feature on SEMrush.
If you are new to SEO or just looking for a deeper understanding of how SEO actions can help your website, this tool will become your new best friend!
6. 6 Strategies for Viral and Evergreen Content [SEMrush Webinar]
When: Wednesday, January 24 at 9AM PT
Content marketers understand the power that great content has to pull in an audience and grow a business. But when you’re faced with a blank page and a big goal for the reach of your next content campaign, it can be hard to know where to start.
In this session, Nadya Khoja discusses 6 principles and guidelines for creating contagious content that grabs attention, grows your brand, and expands the top of your marketing funnel.
When: Tuesday, 13 February at 5PM GMT
Link building, in general, is hard but building local links has its own set of challenges. Are reviews being used to determine local rank? Is any link a good link provided it’s from a site close by? Which local linking tactics should you invest time and money in?
Debra Mastaler will be joined by Andrew Shotland Founder and CEO of LocalSEOGuide.com), Mike Ramsey, and Myles Anderson (Founder & CEO of BrightLocal.com) to answer these questions and more on Local Link Building in 2018.
8. How to Choose the Right Link Building Agency [Search Engine Journal Webinar]
When: Wednesday, February 21 at 2PM ET
Hiring a link building agency is a good option if your company doesn’t have the in-house skills needed to implement a link building campaign.
But choosing the right link building agency to partner with isn’t always as easy as it seems.
The world of link building can be a shady place. Ghosting, deception, spammy “quality,” zero follow-through – these are just some of the issues you might encounter if you happen to partner with the wrong agency.
So just how do you sort through who’s legit and who’s not?
On February 21, SEJThinkTank webinar will feature Nicole DeLeon and Andrea Pretorian of North Star Inbound who will share insights on what to look out for when vetting and working with a link building agency.
Missed the webinar? No problem! Watch the video recap of the webinar presentation and Q&A below.
When: Wednesday, 14 February, 11:00AM GMT
There are many challenges for content marketers when it comes to planning and writing, which is why SEMrush has an all-in-one toolkit for content marketers. To make sure you get the most out of SEMrush’s content marketing tools, the team is holding the webinar ‘SEMrush for Content Marketers’ to guide you through several steps of content marketing workflow.
During this session, Customer Success Specialist at SEMrush, Svetlana Kharlanenkova, will talk about:
- Analyzing and optimizing existing content
- Discovering fresh ideas to produce the copy that gets noticed
- Finding the right keywords for better ranking
- Making your content SEO friendly
- Distributing your content
- Measuring content performance and adjusting your content strategy.
Don’t miss the opportunity to beef up your content marketing workflow with SEMrush tools!
10. SEMrush 101
When: Monday, 26 February, 00:00 GMT
These SEMrush tutorial demonstrations are conducted in the style of a typical webinar and are designed to help current and prospective users of SEMrush alike navigate, understand and leverage our data in order to maximize your return on investment.
A member of the SEMrush team will walk you through the product, touching on key data points and features as well as where to access a number of resources related to the SEMrush software. Each webinar ends with a question and answer session.
11. Boost Your Content Reach and Engagement: Why, Where, When & How [Webinar by Search Engine Journal]
By now, just about everyone recognizes the importance of generating high-quality content that customers want and need.
However, too many brands are still making one critical mistake: they’re assuming that just churning out loads of content is enough.
Did you know that more than 60 percent of all content is never used, viewed, or downloaded?
Let’s face it: Content only has value if audiences can find and consume it. And ideally, they should care about it, too.
The best content marketing strategy can only go as far as content amplification efforts will take it.
But how do you increase your brand’s reach and encourage your audience to engage and move seamlessly through your marketing and sales funnel?
Join Christopher Hart and Corinne Schmid of ScribbleLive as they share the fundamentals of content amplification and audience engagement.
In this sponsored webinar, explore:
- The rise of interactive, visual and mobile content
- Actionable insights on how to amplify your content reach
- How to develop an engagement SEO framework for increased ROI
- Audience growth and nurture strategies
Business owners rely on web-design firms to build their websites and help manage their online presence. Both owner and designer can evaluate the visual appearance of a site; the technical side of a site is a different matter. Here there is a large gap between the business owner’s knowledge and that of the designer.
For the most part, technical elements are hidden from view. Though hidden, they have a great impact on a website’s health. Chris Weickert recently published a research study on this issue, Tom Casano is an SEO-guest and Daniel Butler (Technical Director of The Bannermen) will cover web designers’ angle.
13. Show Me The Links! What Makes a Link BAD? [Webinar by SEMrush]
When: Thursday, April 12th at 9am PT
This is 5th episode in the SEMrush series “Show Me The Links”.
What makes a link bad? Bad, toxic, spammy, irrelevant you name it.
The webinar discussion will revolve around bad links, whether you need to take action, and what to do about them.
14. The Only Keyword That Matters [Webinar by SEMrush]
When: April 19th at 9am PT
oin the 2nd part of Joel Bondorowsky’s series on how to manage your own successful AdWords campaigns. During this session, he will explain how to find that one special keyword, while following Joel’s 5 Pillars of PPC. The hour-long webinar will be broken into sections that will be divided into Q&A sessions.
15. How to Create Content That Earns Links & Increases Your Traffic 316% [SEJ Webinar]
When: April 18 at 2:00 PM ET
Wouldn’t you love to see an in-depth case study where someone builds a ton of awesome links and also manages to boost their traffic?
Scalable link building is hard enough. You need to pinpoint the right audience and deliver authoritative content to meet their pressing needs, and then earn enough such links to make a dent in your goals.
And, as if that weren’t enough, you also want to see sustained positive effects on site visits over time.
Seem impossible? It’s not! This webinar will show you how!
Join North Star Inbound’s founder Nicole DeLeon in this SEJ webinar as she offers advice on how to leverage white hat link building to improve your backlink profile as well as earn traffic.
This list will be updated as and when we learn about the latest (and interesting) SEO webinars. So be sure to bookmark this page!
More SEO Resources
- Link Building in 2018: 14 Proven Techniques to Get High Quality Backlinks
- SEO Tools Showdown: SEMrush vs Ahrefs vs Moz Pro vs SpyFu
- How to Use SEMrush to Amplify Your Content Marketing
- 12 Best Google Chrome Extensions for SEO
- 40 Infographic Submission Sites to Promote Your Infographic (and Get Backlinks)