Diwali is one of India’s biggest festivals and perhaps the busiest shopping season in the country. It’s also that time of the year when big brands and e-commerce giants launch marketing campaigns to announce their ‘Huge Diwali Sale’.
SEMrush and Razorpay collaborated recently to publish a study on marketing trends during Diwali. Since Diwali is just around the corner, this data couldn’t come at a better time and some of the findings are incredibly useful for marketers.
The infographic reveals interesting marketing insights into the festival of lights. Below the infographic, you can find a few key takeaways which you can take into account while planning your next campaign during Diwali.
Key Takeaways from the SEMrush Diwali 2016-17 Study
- Diwali is not merely a local holiday. SEMrush found that Diwali is a very popular search query across English-speaking countries, with India, USA and UK comprising the top 3 search destinations for the keyword ‘diwali’.
- When it comes to ad spend, e-commerce companies spend the most during Diwali, accounting for 22% of the total amount spent, followed by travel (18%) and home items (14%). Needless to say, if you’re running an e-commerce business, this is the best time to offer discounts to your customers.
- Targeting “diwali” as a keyword will be an expensive option for advertisers as the cost-per-click (CPC) is Rs 23.62 which is pretty high. As such, the best option is to target long-tail keywords with decent search volumes. In this case, the three best long-tail keywords are “diwali crackers online”, “diwali lights online”, and “diwali gifts online”.
What do you think about these marketing trends? Did you find them useful? Do they impact your campaigns in any way? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
If you liked this article, please share it on Twitter using the link below:
Diwali 2016-2017 Marketing Study by SEMrush [Infographic] http://www.99signals.com/diwali-study-semrush/
- SEMrush Review: The Best Tool to Improve Your SEO and PPC
- SEO Tools for Startups: 5 Best SEO Tools All Startups Should Be Using
- 6 Best Keyword Research Tools to Boost Your SEO
FREE EBOOK: Link Building Strategies for 2017
Sign up for our email updates and get instant access to Link Building Strategies for 2017 eBook.
Thanks for subscribing. The eBook will be emailed to you shortly.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Reddit Marketing Playbook
Sign up for our email updates and get Reddit Marketing Playbook: The Marketer's Guide to Reddit.