Welcome to yet another edition of our monthly roundup of Best SEO Articles from around the web.
February roundup features SEO articles from Moz, Ahrefs, SEMrush, Backlinko, Search Engine Journal, Neil Patel, and HubSpot.
1. It’s Time to Stop Doing On-Page SEO Like It’s 2012 [Moz]
Rand Fishkin, Founder & CEO, elaborates on five On-Page SEO mistakes and biases that are popping up too often in our field and offers simple, tactical fixes.
2. How long does it take to rank in Google? [Ahrefs]
A detailed study by Tim Soulo of Ahrefs which makes an attempt to answer the most common SEO question – “How long till my website (page) ranks on top of Google?”
3. 6 Common Misconceptions About SEO that Can Hurt Your Digital Marketing [SEMrush]
Sergey Grybniak breaks down the six most common misconceptions about search engine optimization and explain how to use them to amplify your digital marketing efforts.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Reddit Marketing Playbook
Sign up for our email updates and get Reddit Marketing Playbook: The Marketer's Guide to Reddit.
Thanks for subscribing. The eBook will be emailed to you shortly.
4. We Analyzed 1.3 Million YouTube Videos. Here’s What We Learned About YouTube SEO [Backlinko]
Brian Dean and team analyzed 1.3 million YouTube videos to better understand how YouTube’s search engine works. Specifically, they looked at the correlation between ranking factors — like views, comments and shares — with YouTube rankings.
A must-read article for anyone interested in YouTube SEO.
5. 8 Old School Off-Page Optimization Techniques You Could be Penalized For (Search Engine Journal)
Sergey Grybniak from SEJ digs deeper into the history of search engine optimization and covers old school off-page optimization methods which will definitely get your site penalized by Google today.
6. 6 Tools That Will Help You Perfectly Optimize Your Site for Mobile Search [Neil Patel]
Neil Patel shares 6 of his favorite tools to optimize your site for mobile search.
7. SEO Cheat Sheet for Facebook, Yelp, Pinterest, Etsy, and Google [HubSpot]
It’s more important than ever to have well-optimized business pages across search engines and social media platforms so your business can be found and so you can generate more leads. HubSpot shares a few quick tips for how to optimize your business page on Facebook, Pinterest, Etsy, Yelp, and Google.
So these were the SEO articles that caught our attention in February. You can check out our very own SEO articles from the archives here.
Do you think we missed out on an SEO article which should be included in this list? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Want your article to be featured in our monthly roundups? Send an email at [email protected].